2/09/2009

Internet Junkie, M.D. Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

It wasn't too long ago that on a day to day basis I learned something new from the internet that could ultimately hurt me and the baby that I was I was trying to grow. Just the possibility that by breathing in the BO of the person next to me was going to change the molecular make up of my child and make her a Cyborg....(wait...A Cyborg or The Cyborg?) It's a wonder that I even got in the car and drove to the hospital to have her ... but living one more day with a 10 pound weight on my bladder, and not being able to tell if my shoes matched was not an option.

Things haven't changed much in the last 4 1/2 years. I imagine it's the same for most of you. Outside of the average sniffle, ache or pain - if anything "odd" happens to us, we generally jump on the internet to self diagnose ourselves. There are millions of websites you can go to, and hundreds of deeply disturbed people out there, more than willing to lend a diagnosing hand.

As I'm sure ya'll are tired of reading - I am knee deep in the self diagnosing stages of what ever is currently happening inside this cranium of mine. Every day I find a new article, new blog or some BRAND NEW INFORMATION that could lead to the CURE OF MIGRAINES. I read every word....I scour every article, hoping to find something that I could use.

I got a glimmer of hope the other day. An article that sounded SERIOUSLY promising. This thing was well written...sounded as though it was written by bright, intelligent people. Maybe not people with medical degrees - because it wasn't dripping with words I couldn't pronounce...but with a medical undertone. The idea behind the article was some simple "re-wiring" of the brain. The in's and out's of migraines, how they work, and some "alternative"treatments that could potentially re-wire the brain and end migraines forever.

With each word, I'm inching closer and closer to my computer screen. Only to get to the end of the end of the article and find that to rewire my brain I need to get my hands on some LSD and mushrooms.

Apparently that's the only "alternative" way to re-wire my brain.

The only mushrooms I know of are the ones growing in my backyard....

1 comments:

HeatherPride said...

Wow. And here to think the answer was sitting out on the street corner all along!! Time to put on your big sunglasses and head to the other side of the tracks!