You know that scene in Jurassic Park, when the lady Doctor sticks her hands in the Dino poop to figure out why the Dinosaur is sick...and Ian Malcolm says "She's...ah...tenacious".?

How about obsessive.

Yea...well...that's me. Except without the dino poop. But only because I don't have any. I'm sure if I have a huge pile of dino crap in my back yard, and sick triceratops , I would be elbow high in dino droppings to figure out what was wrong with him.

You see, I get things stuck in my head. And like a bad song, I can't get rid of them until I DO something about it. It's why furniture gets moved as often as it does, or a room gets painted so suddenly... it's because I can't just sit on it for a while. Once it's in my head - I have to do something about immediately. I am "instant gratification" girl. I imagine this can be seen as a bad trait, however, I am also the girl that gets shit done. If there's a project to be done, no sense in sitting around and talking about it - let's tackle it. Regardless if I actually no HOW to do it or not.

It's also provides quite a bit of blog fodder.

However, some projects aren't the "home improvement" type. Some of them are the "I should do xyz..." type.

Like the other day when discussing a recent episode of Lost with my husband I said "I really should go back and watch all 5 seasons of Lost over again."

That's where I've been for the last two weeks. Every waking moment that hasn't been spent working, parenting, or being poked by a doctor has been spent in front of this computer (ironically named Charlie by the way) logged onto Hulu.com, watching all five seasons of Lost over again.

I am a Lost God.

Ask me ANYTHING...I am warped. I am twisted around this show. I have twisted others with me. I have a notepad and a pen in my purse for when brilliant ideas occur to me. I have blurted those brilliant ideas at unsuspecting strangers...all I've gotten in return are strange looks and business cards for more doctors. I have read 'hot theories' online and ridiculed others for their lack of creativity.

I only have two people in my life who watch this show...and one of them is starting to avoid my phone calls and I'm pretty sure I'm starting to cause martial discord in the other.

3 comments:

HeatherPride said...

I sooo want to be hooked on this show!! But I gave it up Season One when they found a polar bear on the island.... It's kind of cracked out, no?

Carolyn...Online said...

You have gone to a dark place. I'm a Lost girl too but I don't do theories and notes... Although I admire your conviction.

Meg said...

I'm still trying to finish season 2 .... and you're posting things like this? Ugh. I have some catching up to do!