5/05/2010

History To Drink To Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

Very few days go by that I don't talk to my best friend. Most of those conversations are nonsense.

I called her the other day to tell her that some lady was walking her dog. In a baby stroller. You can't make this shit up y'all.  She was walking.  With a dog. In a baby stroller. And she was stopping every so often, and peering inside...petting him...and then would continue to walk. I was stuck at an goose accident.  Again, you can't make this crap up. Some asshole hit a goose on a small road behind my house. So, I got to spend a good 10 minutes watching this woman...I don't know...Stroll her dog.

It was one of the weirdest things I had ever seen.  So I called her.

That's what I do when I see stupid shit. I call her.
It's also what I do when I DO stupid shit. I call her. And she agrees. "Wow, you're a stupid shit."

We also talk about Lost.  A lot.  We're scared that come the end of May we won't have anything to talk about anymore and our friendship will end.  I feel as though that as long as there are stupid people in the world, our friendship will survive.

Anyway, I was talking to her the other day - and I'm not entirely sure what we were talking about - but somehow we got on the subject of Cinco De Mayo.  And me, being the stupid shit said, "When is that?"

I'll wait here......Done?  Ok.

We laughed for a while and I explained that on MY calendar at work it doesn't say 'Cinco De Mayo', it says "Battle of Puebla". So, of course we both immediately looked it up.  Thanks Wikipedia.

The point of this post is that neither of us knew WHY we drink on Cinco De Mayo.

But we drink none the less.
And decided that I need a new calendar.
And a history class.

Happy Battle of Puebla Day!!

5 comments:

Brakes and Gas said...

Aw! You made me miss my best friend! Now I am going to call her and tell her about the guy I saw at Safeway with a parrot in his pocket. (Does that trump strolling a puppy? I think its a toss up!)

MommaKiss said...

so i was in Time's Square once and saw a woman w/ her pug dog in a baby bjorn. A front carrying baby bjorn. What about when the dog had to piss? all down that woman's body, i'm willing to bet!
i'm not a phone talker, but i text or IM w/ my bestie all day long. she sometimes calls me blond. not really as a compliment ;)

Carolyn...Online said...

I saw that same woman with her dog in a stroller. I mean, obviously not THAT woman because I'm in Atlanta. But yeah, same thing. I gawked.

mumma boo said...

I need to get out more. I have never seen a dog in a stroller, nor have I seen a goose accident. You get all the fun. Harrumph.

justmakingourway said...

I'm only just now recovering from my Battle of Puebla Day margarita hangover.

Oh, not really. But it sounded good!