This last week has mostly been a blur.  I had days that I went to work.  I had days that I went and worked on the deck again.  And days of trying to pick up the slack on everything that wasn't getting done because I was going to work and/or working on a deck.

I suppose the main reason why it's been a blur is because it's 200 DEGREES outside.  If I have to hear my mother say one more time "drink some water" or "jump in the pool to cool off"...well, I'll just...probably drink some more water or jump in the pool to cool off.  Because it's too hot to argue with her.

We are getting much closer to the half way point on this deck - so we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  However, by the time we're done we are all going to be so sick of hanging out with each other that I'm not going to be able to enjoy it.  Not to mention I think they might still be pissed that I screamed bloody murder when he was about to chop through a power line.  Which turned out to be an orange colored tree vine.  Honest mistake...but everyone had to change their shorts after that.

I did, however, find time to make a gift basket for my best friend.  She's recently married and they bought themselves a farm house out in the boonies.  They are going to fix it up and mow the back 40 and milk cows...or something.  All I know is that a new china place setting wasn't the appropriate gift for someone who's ripping down dry wall and re-plastering walls.

Everything I put in the basket is below.  Emergency items for home rebuilding.


And some girly stuff.   And squeaky tennis balls for her dogs.  And a fire extinguisher.


Probably easier to just get them a Home Depot gift card....But then what would I use all my tulle for?

6 comments:

Meg said...

I think that's an awesome gift basket. Every one I've ever been given has had food in it. Explains a lot about me really.

Now. Go have a glass of water and jump in the pool!

KidSister said...

That is a great basket! I am all about function so if I was to receive a gift basket, that's what I would want mine to look like! If you can't use it all the time, what good is it!

Neeroc said...

Great basket, and thanks for explaining the tennis balls, I was trying to figure out what sort of reno they were doing *g*.

Sandy said...

I agree - this is a great basket. I love useful and have always that that a toolbox with some great tools is one of the best starting out gifts. This is sort of a specialized tool box for renovation!

Unknown said...

You are my hero...work and the deck and a gift basket. Geez throw a little saving the world in there why don't ya?

justmakingourway said...

That basket rocks!

Hope you are even further along on the deck (aside - I typed "dick" by accident there and almost didn't catch it!)