12/01/2008

Kenny G Rocks Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

Before I go any further I want to make sure you understand that on my daughter's second birthday - she woke up and decided that she would no longer require a nap. This wasn't a discussion she had with me, she didn't even ask for my input. She just made the decision in her head, and for two years has stuck to her guns.

No matter how much I beg, plead, threaten or bribe. She didn't even nap when she was brought home from the hospital after having some major (well...major for a 4 year old) surgery.

So you can imagine my surprise when having a conversation with one of her teachers the other day - she used the words "When she got up from her nap yesterday...."

"I'm sorry, rewind, when she got up from her what now? She naps here? Not just the required by law she has to be quiet for a little while time...But honest to goodness eyes closed and dreaming of sugar plums actual sleep???"

Turns out that YES, she does occasionally sleep at school. Well....what do you know.

I was quickly given the run down on how they make this miraculous event happen.

I am happy to say that after a 4 day holiday, I got TWO, count 'em bitches, TWO NAPS!!!

On the couch, wrapped in the magic blanket, fire giving a nice soft glow (I threw that in on my own), and the holiday albums of Kenny G playing from Mommy's laptop.

This year, THAT is what I'm thankful for...that and the teacher that took pity on me and told me her secrets.

However, when I try this again, I'll need to situate myself better - I was afraid any movement would end the peace, and I got stuck in an extremely uncomfortable chair for an hour and a half.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Woo Hoo! Now I know I need a magic blanket. I'm very happy for you. Naps are a wonderful thing and not just for the napper.

Meg said...

Soooo...this would NOT be the time to tell you that my 4 1/2 yr old and 6 1/2 yr old still nap almost every afternoon like clockwork?

Yeah I thought not. So instead I'll tell you that in my house, it's Josh Grobin that works for calming the hellions. Maybe you can use that as an alternative. Kudos to the teacher for taking pity on you!

Carolyn...Online said...

I would stand on my head for two hours for a nap. For reals.

HeatherPride said...

Naps are the best, aren't they!! I'm glad you got "the goods" from the teacher!