7/20/2009

Intermission Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

I got a call tonight from a concerned family member. It was brought to my attention that I was going to "lose my following". I, of course, had to explain that I really don't have a following, but never the less understood the point. I've taken a bit of a break and really have no explanation as to why. It's a mixture of many things really.

Mostly it's my doctor's fault. He told me that I'm no longer allowed to do anything in bed anymore except sleep and have sex. No reading. No tv. No lounging. And no laptop. For some this may not sound like a big deal. But taking my laptop out of my bed...well, let's just say he may as well have told me that I'm only allowed to have sex with my husband on every other Tuesday in the garage. It's proving to be that difficult.

That's where I did all my laptop stuff.

We think that we are narrowing down some of the migraine stuff, and I've started a course of Physical Therapy, which all sounds very physical and therapeutic. But really it's all very S&M and painful and all I want to do in pummel him with the waiting room chair - if I had any strength left in my arms.

In other news, I've spent the last 30 minutes telling everyone in this house that they have no respect for the house that they live in. It escapes me how many times you can walk by something and NOT PICK IT UP and put it away. But apparently the way I yell, is quite amusing, because my husband and daughter have spent the last 30 minutes laughing at me. Clearly I need to work on my communication skills.

I know that the majority of you are preparing to pack up and head out to the BlogHer conference....To you...Travel Safe. Drink Much. And know that you are taking my deep jealousy with you. One of these years I will make it. Have a drink for me.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Humph! You TOTALLY have a following! I follow. You lead, I follow, I laugh, you walk away. Just like that.

Hope you start to feel better soon cos this whole no laptop crap is kind of ass sucking. For me. And maybe for you too. *smooch*

Aunt Becky said...

I'm here following too!

DKC said...

Me too, me too!

I also will be sharing in the bitter jealousy of not going to BlogHer. I think I was a twee bit happier before I knew what I was missing!