After spending a week with sunshine, ocean and family - I've made a decision.

I don't wanna a job, live in the suburbs, take children to school, do laundry and pay bills.

I wanna live at the beach and start drinking beer at 11:00 in the morning while trying to even out my tan. I want to read under an umbrella while my daughter sleeps not but 20 feet from the ocean.

Needless to say, we had a very nice vacation. We had some bumps along the way, but after everything is said and done - I'm totally doing that again.

Few little interesting tidbits of the vacation....? Hmmm....Let me think....OH! I know, you'll like this one.

My daughter asked me to turn OFF the ocean. I'm totally not kidding.

She had started the week sick and grumpy and all together not fun to be with. On day two I suggested she lay down for a while with her towel and try to sleep. Surprisingly she curled up in the shade and closed her eyes. (Seriously...The fact that she would do ANYTHING I suggest is a miracle) However, not but a couple minutes later she opened her eyes quite dramatically and pointed her little four year old finger at me and instructed me - quite loudly - to TURN OFF THE OCEAN! IT KEEPS WAKING ME UP!

About mid-week the folks offered to watch the sweet, well behaved, little darling for a couple of hours and give my husband and I some time to shop in town. We drove into town - and instead of perusing the goodies of the local shops - we ended up spending two hours in the local pub drinking beer and playing arcade games. We are total dorks.

I lost most victoriously at Texas Hold Em, but won at Dominoes. I ate two helpings of the most sinful Eggs Benedict, and then sucked on Tums for the rest of the morning...getting older sucks. I actually wore sunscreen every day...one more sign of me aging. And pretty much drank my weight in beer....but I suppose that's no different than any other day.

Upon arriving home, my daughter walked in through the garage door, looked around our house and then threw a fit because "I DON'T WANT TO LIVE HERE ANYMORE".

It's good to be home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for bringing that Winnie the Pooh Heffalump DVD by the way... Craig and I are still singing the chorus line for that "Shoulder to Shoulder" song. I was trying to figure out how to type the chorus lyrics but it would just look like this:

Ah ahhh ahh ahh ahhh...

or something like that, which doesn't really capture how easily it seeps into your brain and sticks there for eternity...

Big Kahuna said...

As Dorothy said ...
"There's no place like home.
There's no place lile home."

But how great does your baby girl think you are is she says, "Mommy, turn off the ocean." She must think you are pretty great!

Kevin McKeever said...

This ultimate beach life means drinking beer for breakfast ... assuming you wake up that day.

Meg said...

You mean that your mommy power does not extend as far as turning off the ocean? What is WRONG with you?!

Sounds like you had a pretty good time. I never want to come home from vacation. Glad to have you back!

Carolyn...Online said...

Turn off the ocean. That's funny.

MsPicketToYou said...

i spent the past weekend reinventing my life on an island: driving a vintage car, growing my own food, drinking beer at noon on the beach while the kids practiced school work on a chalkboard tablet, writing the great american novel while wearing a boa and some flowing tunic. never doing laundry. ever.

so if you decide to "quit" and runaway to vacation-land, come get me.