Although I've always considered myself a fairly independent woman, there seem to be a certain number of things that took on a certain "sex" when I married. We've come to call them "blue jobs and pink jobs". The things that lay solely at the others feet. The above is a perfect example of a blue job. I could care less about shoveling the driveway. He commented before he walked outside that this would be the first time he ever shoveled at this house. Which I thought was pretty odd since it did in fact snow last year, and we did, in fact, live here last year.

Turns out that he was out of town for the week it snowed and I just drove over it for an entire week until it froze and then I parked on the street until he got home.

Spring planting, however, would be a perfect example of a pink job. If you were to ask him his feelings on flowers - his response would be that the only reason he doesn't mow over them is out of fear I'll hide his iTouch.

6 comments:

Meg said...

Sounds like something Hotty HUbby would say. "Do what with those pots you say? Umm no."

It's a blue job in my house too.

MsPicketToYou said...

Been snowing all day, and now rain. Giant slush piles all over the driveway and the stairs. That will freeze and become a horrible nuisance. I couldn't get the kids to shovel it, the husband was at work, so oops. Oh well.

Same goes for turning on the sump pump in the basement. Blue job all the way.

STQ said...

We now live in Vegas, so it's no longer a problem, but shoveling the driveway was a pink job at our house in Denver...and Green Bay, WI...not sure how that happened, but it was pink all the way! :(

Tiffany said...

Blue Job verses Pink Job.. yeah.. so digging those labels. Shoveling, albeit snow or "left overs" from our dog, ALL shoveling out and around this house is certainly a blue job, baby!

Tiffany
The Boren Life

miko564 said...

It's a blue/pink combo here...with a pink Monkey running around throwing snowballs/iceballs at both her parents...

Dude, I just read your posts about the headaches...I started getting them when I was 30, MRI/ENT Exam, blah, blah, blah...if they can't find out what they are they call em Migraines.
I feel for you, not sure I could hack them for a week in a row. (I got them for 4 days in a row once, and made my wife hide the ammo for the guns.) Everybody has a "thing" they do, so here's mine!
As soon as I feel it coming, I wrap ice around myself from the neck up...some on both sides of my neck, some at the temples, I lie on one and put another on the other cheek (face, you pervs!). I have about 35 sizes of those blue fake-ice things in the freezer. Don't know if it will help you, but it "sometimes" works for me...

HeatherPride said...

blue job/pink job - I like it!!