1/03/2009

Looking For A Trade? Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

I got up for work yesterday, got myself ready, then got her up and dressed - jumped in the car and rushed to get her to school so I could get to work on time.

I pulled into the school parking lot to see it closed down and not a light on anywhere.

"Hmmm...Looks like your school is closed today"

"Um Yea, I told you that yesterday Mama"

Which she had. Which I didn't believe. Why on earth would school be closed on January 2nd. I have to go to work - so my brain just automatically assumed that her school would be open.

I called my folks to see if they could take her for a few hours during the day, since there is no way she would be able to entertain herself at my office for 6 hours without breaking every computer within reach.

I picked her up again at about 1:30 and while there it was mentioned that I hadn't blogged in a while.

True, I haven't. The thing is - I haven't really felt that there was anything the least bit cheery or funny to talk about. I don't really think ya'll want a play by play of the skull crushing, mind altering migraines that I'm having.

Every. Damn. Night.

I'm at a loss. I don't know what else to do. I only have a few more ideas in my bag - and if those don't work...I'll be looking for a head transplant.

Do any of you have a head that you aren't currently using? I would like to upgrade if that's a possibility. Something without gray hair would be nice - and maybe better skin. Something with a little less sun damage and freckles. I'm open to any hair color - since it might be time for a change anyway.

I can offer in trade a slightly used, brown hair with gray highlights noggin. Eyes are slightly sunken in with dark circles due to lack of sleep. 35 years of sun exposure shows in the many freckles across the bridge of nose and cheeks. And when not suffering from super nova debilitating pain - smiles often and is typically a pretty happy head.

Any takers?

4 comments:

Lollie said...

One word: Imitrex

Saved my head many a time.

Sandy said...

Well I would certainly benefit from a 20 years younger head! But in all good conscience, I think you want to be really careful about any offers from post-menopausal women --it seems that lots of parts inside those heads are just not wired up anymore. Perhaps there is a repair shop. If you find one, let me know. But seriously - I wish I had an idea that would really help you.

HeatherPride said...

Oh my. I really hope you get those migraines under control soon! I can't imagine. So sorry you're going through that!

Wendy said...

You poor thing. I am not even going to say I know how you feel, because I don't. I would love to trade with you just so that you don't have to go through those anymore but with all the problems that I have you might want to keep you migranes over mine.

Other than that how have you been? I haven't talked to you in forever.