6/03/2009

Family Gas Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

Today is my brother in law's birthday. I have absolutely no idea how old he is - and truthfully, even if I did, I don't think he would care if I told you. He's bizarre, often makes no sense, makes off the wall jokes that no one understands, and thinks he's far funnier than he really is. And I love him dearly. In honor of his birthday - our beginning together.

15 years ago, in a small town, a young girl was turning 21. With no desire to hit the big city and "go crazy", we made plans to stay local and hit the pool bar. My sister, who was extremely pregnant at the time, was the prefect designated driver, so my brand new brother in law, older sister, best friend (now my husband) and myself hit the local hot spot.

Fun ensued. We had music, the pool tables and each other. Now, as most people know, when you are the ONLY sober person in the group - the fun grows very thin quickly. Needless to say, when you are THAT pregnant and THAT sober....she didn't stay long. It wasn't that big of a deal, since my folks house wasn't too far away - and we were convinced that the three of us could walk back home....And I was SURE that my parents wouldn't mind if the of us crashed in my bedroom.

Everything is SO clear when you're half lit.

She left. We stayed. Everything at this point, I will admit, is a little foggy.

I know we walked home. I know at some point, my brother in law tried to start a fight with some thug in town. I think Michael and I talked him down and ran down the street. When we got back to my house - I'm sure we were VERY quiet walking up three flights of stairs to my room. This is where we tried to figure out what the appropriate sleeping arrangements.

I had a big king size bed.

I couldn't sleep with Michael. He and I weren't even dating at the time. If memory serves I actually had a boyfriend at the time ( come to think of it....why wasn't he there?) So, we decided that my brother-in-law and I would share the bed, and Michael would take the floor.

We all laid around for a while, laughing and giggling about the evening events, slowly wearing down - the booze quickly taking it's effect.

And then I farted on my brand new brother in law.

Happy Birthday Jeff, next time I'll pee on you.

4 comments:

Big Kahuna said...

TMI !!

Anonymous said...

First off I will pass on the next time offer...cuz, ewww... and second-- I am FAR funnier than you realize and one day it will all hit home and you will laugh until you die...and then your headwill explode and *I* will laugh...

DKC said...

That is a freakin' riot! I'm so glad you shared that story.

Aunt Becky said...

You SO should pee on him.