I could have married a doctor, or a lawyer. A man who devoted his life to saving the planet. A spokesperson for global warming perhaps. An interest in adopting 27 children. A philanthropist in his own way.

However, I did not. A good man, I did marry. A great man, in fact. We do not have 27 adopted children - and have yet to solve the crisis in the rain forest. He is not a lawyer or a doctor. However, he cares for a great many things. But chances are he'll never be written about in a magazine, or discussed in groups long after he's gone.

However, I sit here tonight and curse the very day he was born.

Because God love him, what he is, is a Sci-Fi Guy.....And I have spent a life time making fun of all the shows he's watched. And apparently God has a hell of a sense of humor.

For tonight, I am sitting at the kitchen table, watching Stargate Atlantis on some very strange free streaming Chinese web site.....and I don't think I'm going to bed anytime soon...because I can't stop!

It's killing him not to tell me what happens next - but I think he's enjoying more that my eyeballs are a mere three inches away from the laptop. He's already lining up what to "suggest" next after I'm done with this. I'll try my hardest to resist, but I'm afraid as long as it's summer, as there's no new programing out there....I'm an easy target.

Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5 are on his list.....

4 comments:

DKC said...

That is too funny. Good luck!

Big Kahuna said...

Battlestar was GREAT ... you'll love it.

Meg said...

Noooo turn it off! Turn. It. OFF!! I can't believe you got sucked into Stargate Atlantis. *sigh*

I have to admit though, Battlestar was pretty good.

Skye @ Planet Jinxatron said...

You're sucked in, can't escape! Soon the sci fi fans will rule the world...