Maybe fight is a strong word to use. It was a misunderstanding.

I understand why I did it. She didn't. So, we discussed it.

About a year or so ago, we're flipping through the channels and came across one of those Jon & Kate marathons. One of those 14 hour long marathons, that suck you in for no other reason than you don't have the energy to click the remote button again.

So, you watch. And the kids are cute. And who doesn't like cute kids.

But then SHE started to watch - and was CAPTIVATED. Within hours she knew all the kids names, and had named her baby doll Mady, and wanted to go to Crayola World...and Disney....and have matching outfits with me....and have seven siblings.

It was rather cute, if I say so myself. And for the most part I really didn't see anything wrong with it. Yes, I thought Kate was a bit over the top, but who wouldn't be with eight children. So, I set the DVR to record new episodes and looked forward to a show that I could enjoy WITH my daughter, instead of being forced to watch something animated.

That was a year ago. I deleted the season pass about 3 weeks ago.

I won't get into here the why's - because it's the same reason everyone in the world has right now. It's just not something I choose to support. Those two, and those kids, need a break. And if by turning off my tivo helps those kids, even in my small way, I'll do it.

But WOW did she not understand. She heard on the radio to school yesterday "Jon and Kate Season Premiere...." and almost peed herself. I decided to talk to her about later - hoping she would forget.

She didn't.

I tried every different way to explain to her why we couldn't watch it anymore...She wasn't having it.

I finally had to say "because Mommy says so!!"

I knew it was going to happen sooner or later....I just didn't I was going to finally pull that one out of the bag for a stupid reality show.

4 comments:

DKC said...

Oh man. I think I pulled that one out a long time ago. It wasn't for nearly such a good reason either.

I'm with you on turning that one off.

Big Kahuna said...

Sorry Daughter ... but it had to happen sooner or later. Some times it is the only thing to say.

C-Rah said...

Yeah. Ugh.

That's all I can really say on the subject.

Aunt Becky said...

That show makes my balls itch.