I usually avoid the end of the year retrospective posts. I'm not entirely sure why, probably because I don't DO anything, or accomplish anything - so a "year of the end post" for me would mostly be "Hey, another year of doing jack shit! Yea ME!" But 2009 has been....well, interesting.  To say the least.

Actually, it's kind of sucked to tell you the truth.

I mean we've certainly had some good times, and there are some fond memories that I have that I can look back on - but for the most part.....2009 can suck my ass.

I got out of work early today, drove home and spent some time going through the last year of posts.  I think it's kind of interesting to go back and see where you were 12, 10, 6 months ago....

I've spent a LOT of time worrying about my brain exploding with these damn migraines...I don't even want to think about how much money we've spent this year on doctors, drugs and tests. It makes you really pissed off at the end of the year that you didn't get signed up with the Flexible Spending Account on your health insurance....

I lost my Grandmother - which was hard when it happened - but now it seems to be hitting my daughter.  Out of no where she'll start to cry about never being about to see her Great Grandmother again - and it's so difficult to explain the idea of forever and heaven to a small child...especially when their deepest concern is "But Grandma will never drink juice again!".

Not all was bad however - I blamed the Easter bunny for not coming to our house - which in my book makes me a freakin' ROCK STAR.

I saw a license plate that said "I C GAY PPL" I have looked for this person EVERY DAY since then - and I haven't found him yet. I'm dying to know if he only see's Gay People in his car...Or if he see's them everywhere! Or if they are, like the movie, and only dead gay people? You can't put something like that on your car and not explain it.

I, like many others, deleted the Gosselins from our lives forever - and apparently not a moment too soon.  What sucked was that I actually had to have a sit down chat with my daughter about why she wasn't allowed to watch it anymore....But I'll still let her watch Survivor and Lost.  Because THAT'S quality programming, kid!

I admitted to the world that I MAY have a slight anxiety issue, went to one therapy session - decided that I hated that women - and haven't gone back since. Since then I have met so many people with anxiety worse than mine that I think I may actually be the only normal person around.

And, of course, I talked about my vagina.  A lot.  My parents really love that.  It's why we don't talk about my blog "in public".

So, we look forward to the close of 2009 with no party or big celebration planned. Chances are we won't even stay up past midnight. We'll go to bed and pray that 2010 won't suck as much ass as 2009.

How was your year?

11 comments:

Meg said...

Yeah you did have kind of a sucky year didn't you? I sure hope 2010 is a better year.

I have a post like this to do as well. But mine might just be two lines. "Kiss my ass 2009" and "Where's the vodka?"

Lisa said...

Girl, you are one big ROCK STAR in my book. This post made me laugh my ass off...don't ask me about my vagina thought because she and I have agreed that I will not publicly discuss her or any her issues. I think many people agree that 2009 really sucks, bites, and blows. So here's to a fabulous 2010. I hope it's a good one for you and yours. Lisa

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Hi MVSP,

Looking back on 2009 and acknowledging that I don't have migraines or a vagina, I'd have to quote Chico Escuela and say the year 2009 "been berra berra good to me."

I hope 2010 doesn't suck and is memorable in a good way for you and family.

U

Skye @ Planet Jinxatron said...

I don't know anyone who had a good 2009. If I do, I'm never speaking to them again.

justmakingourway said...

I am SO with you on saying "suck it" to 2009! Can't wait until midnight to kick it to the curb.

I want 2010 to be good and plan on trying hard to make it happen.

You are and always will be a ROCK STAR, baby! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Hi, this is my first visit... I think.

I should check... anywayss... I was going to say that you made me laugh. I'm sorry your year sucked.

Happy New Year! (this is not a threat)

LOLz about blaming the Easter Bunny... classic!

Tracie said...

The general consensus is 2009 sucked. Here's to an awesome 2010!

Sandy said...

I totally agree about 2009 being a lousy year in so many ways! It seems to me that 2010 will have to be better! And since I'm getting ready to do a big New Year/New Beginnings move, I'm really hoping that good things are just around the corner - for all of us!

Carolyn...Online said...

Man, I think 2009 is probably developing an anxiety disorder of its own. No one seemed to like last year. At all. 2009 is probably SO jealous of 2010.

mumma boo said...

Yup, that qualifies as a sucky year. 2010 *will* be better. Hear me, 2010? Or else I might have to go medeival on your calendar-y ass.

Aunt Juicebox said...

Ooh, you know, you can report people for having license plates like that, and they will revoke them.