10/19/2008

Believe Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

There have been very few blogs I've read in the last few months that have not touched on some sort of political viewpoint. I admire those that can put their feelings, often quite passionately, out there for all to see - and viewpoints of others be damned. They feel the way they feel - and use their own personal space to tell others how it is.

I, on the other hand, tend to shy away from all things important. Not because I don't feel passionately about them - but because of the fear that someone may not like what I say, and then my comment section is used as a sounding board for what an idiot I am.

However, with the election looming in the very near future, I thought I would take this time to let you all know a few things that I do believe.

_________________________________________________________

I believe in Free Speech - but think that people often confuse free speech with the right to insult others. You can make your point - even loudly - without calling other people names.

I believe in the right to Bear Arms - but I also reserve the right to not allow my daughter to play at your house - that doesn't mean that you and I still can't be friends.

I have no problem with people wanting to live in this country - but I believe that you need to do it the right way and learn the language.

I believe that anyone that hurts or abuses a child deserves a special place in hell.

I believe in God, Heaven and Hell, and in being the best person you can be.

I believe that our elderly are getting a raw deal, and that my Grandparents lived through some things that I could never imagine.

I believe that if you are right for the job - it does not matter what color, race or religion you are.

I believe that Love gets you down the aisle, but hard work is what makes it last.

I believe that money doesn't solve everything - but it does help to have some.

I believe in the Family - and that your family are those that stand behind you no matter what.

I believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause and Fairies. Pitching a tent in your backyard and sleeping outside. I believe in playing in the mud and picking wild flowers - Cuddling under blankets and calling in sick. I believe in setting boundaries, but knowing when to let her be free. I believe in holding hands and kissing in public - Sunday football games with hot wings and beer.

I believe that a smile and a "thank you" can make someones day.

I believe that we are what we make ourselves - and that each of us could probably work a little harder.

And I believe that I'm going to go upstairs right now and play.
_________________________________________________________

I have a review going live today for BlogHer and Disney - celebrating the release of the new movie Tinker Bell - we've posted it here, at our Reviews For Change site. Please feel free to check it out.

4 comments:

miko564 said...

I believe that if everyone posted these on their bathroom mirror, and looked at 'em everyday, we might just have a better world.

2 Things

1) A women who will eat wings with me, football or not, is sexier than lingerie...hard to keep my hands off. (After a couple thorough washings of course.)

2) I have guns, I have kids, I understand. Of course we can still be friends. BTW if you asking about guns in the home insults someone...fuck 'em, they're your kids.

Big Kahuna said...

I believe there really is a Harry Potter

Meg said...

I believe...that you rock.

MsPicketToYou said...

i'm voting for you. it's a write in.