11/19/2007

Random Stuff Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

I probably won't be able to post a whole lot for the next few days. I've got the in-laws (mother/father and sister) coming to visit for about a week. Now, while I'm sure that the five of us crammed into our house for six days will give me all sorts of material to use.....I'll wait until the trip is over and embarrass myself later. I'm SURE I will either do or say something completely asinine over the next week.

So, since I have no real purpose of this post - mostly just to say I'm not going to be posting - I'll leave you with a couple of tidbits that are bouncing around in my head.


****************************************************************
My office was having their annual client appreciation "shin-dig" this last weekend at a local restaurant. The off-spring and I went over just the two of us, for a couple of hours. I, personally, don't have any clients - but since I work for the owners - technically I have about 10,000 clients. So, no problem showing my support. Not to mention she and I got free food.


On the way there - I realized that most of the folks I work with haven't seen her in about a year. Back before I started working full-time, I was bringing her in the office all the time...Now....not so much. I work with these people on a daily basis - I don't want to see them on my day off!?!?

So, following the ritual that most mother's do....I paraded her around the joint to show off how I was able to create something so attractive!

Do you know that movie "Soap Dish" - (funny ass movie by the way). There's a scene where Sally Field, famous soap opera actress, is feeling "down" - so Whoopie Goldberg takes her to the mall and pretends to not know her...says her name really loud - and then all of a sudden all her fans are surrounding her and asking her for her autograph.

THAT was exactly what Saturday turned out to be. Next time I'm feeling down about myself - I'm going to exploit my daughter and put her on display where lots of people will see her.

I mean SERIOUSLY - how often I heard the words:

"Oh My Gosh - She is the cutest thing I have EVER seen...(pause) Oh, she looks JUST like you!"

heh.
****************************************************************
A women I work with brought in her "left over" Halloween candy. What was supposedly "left over" turned out to be a Costco size TUB O'CANDY. I'm not kidding - it was like 30 pounds of assorted goodies.

We dumped it all in a paper box and set it out in the bull pin area of the office.


After two weeks of it sitting out - I can now safely say:

No one in America likes 3 Musketeers. There is NOTHING left of that box - except for about 312 mushed, bite size 3 Musketeer bars.








****************************************************************
You know how you get a song stuck in your head, and you can't get it out no matter what you do? You wake up in the morning singing it. You sing it nonchalantly in front of other people hoping to 'pass it off' to someone else? Well, I've had a song stuck in my head for about 24 hours now...I can't get rid of it - and I certainly can't try to pass it off.

My daughter was singing it yesterday afternoon.

The words are:

Boobie.

Over and over and over. To the tune of a conga line.

boobie-boobie boo-bie.
boobie-boobie boo-bie.

0 comments: