11/30/2007

Interesting Gift Ideas Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

It's the time of the year where we are all frantically searching for the perfect gift. Shopping for men seems to be my Achilles heel around this time. I never seem to know what to get any of the men in my life. You want the really "cool" gift - but quite honestly - most of them are just too expensive.

While although I've decided and/or finished most of my shopping - all I have left is those that actually LIVE in my house, I'll be here for you for the remainder of the season to pass my Christmas gift ideas off to you.

The following is an interesting, and inexpensive gift for anyone.









At first glance, you may think this is a small watering can. Or maybe a decorative tea pot.
You would be wrong. What you are looking at is none other than a Neti Pot. A what you ask? Well - if you would be so kind as to watch the following video - you will understand quite quickly what a Neti Pot is.

I'll wait here.......


Neti Pot Demo


Ok - I'm going to let that sink in for a minute.....


Yes, ya'll - it's a sinus cleansing system. Interesting, don't you think?


About this time last year, I was battling cold after cold, sinus infections, bronchitis, and other assorted ailments. Since it was also the time where both my Uncle and Grandfather passed away - I was spending more time on an airplane - and less time in a doctors office.....needless to say my cooties lived for quite some time.
By the time I finally made it to the doctor - I was so infected that he was afraid that an antibiotic wasn't going to be able to push through the crap to start to heal me. Enter the Neti Pot.

At first I told him that he was clearly smoking crack, and there was no way in hell I was going to give my brain an enema by shoving a tea pot up my nose. He simply patted me on the head - held my antibiotic hostage and sent me on my way to CVS with instructions to come back after a week to free my drugs.


What was a girl to do? I wanted the drugs...Needed the drugs...So, a little nose flushing was a small price to pay for the good stuff.


First of all - let me assure you that the first time you do this - you look NOTHING like the video. Still a year later, I am no where near as graceful as that woman.

The best way I can explain it is this:


Were you ever at the pool when you were younger? You jump into the pool, trying to look your best because Mark the cutest boy EVER is in the deep end, and you are hoping he'll notice you? You ever so gracefully do some underwater hand stands...emerge from the water....look dreamily into his eyes...only for him to notice the booger the size of a small Volkswagen hanging out of your nose.
It's the same general idea.

Lovely, huh?


As much as I make fun of it (or myself rather), serious allergy sufferers swear by it. I don't use mine everyday. I do however use it every time I feel a cold coming on, the weather changes or when allergy season is on the way. I'm currently using mine every morning due to the dryness of our house. The neti pot right after my first cup of coffee is a very weird way to start the day.


So, there you go. Interesting Christmas Idea #1.


Neti Pot - An Enema For The Nose - and small enough to be a stocking stuffer.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would rather blow my nose into sandpaper than use a Neti Pot.

Anonymous said...

We have had a neti pot for years. I don't use it often but I have certainly used it. Good for you for finding something that helps you and doing it!

-B said...

I'm sorry. I know this this is awesome and all, but...


EW.