It's been an interesting couple of days in our house.

As I'm often to do - I change the furniture around. A lot. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if the furniture was all moved within the same room that it was already in. However, my big grand ideas usually move rooms between floors.

Regardless of the reasons why I do this (other than the fact that it DOES look better dear!), I believe that my husband still loves me despite this interesting quirk of mine.

Anyway, so two days of sweating and re-arranging, packing and unpacking again - our daughter pretty much had run of the house. She watched what she wanted - pulled out every toy she has - and we let her eat what she wanted. It was, for all intents and purposes, a red-letter weekend for a 4 year old.

Until it was time for bed.

TWO nights in a row - around the 3:00 am each night - she started crying from her room.

Both episodes of crying led to running to the bathroom to throw up.

Not entirely out of the ordinary for children...however, it's how she acts when this is happening that melts my heart.

Both nights she used the words "I don't feel very well Mommy"
(where did she learn to talk like that?)

Both nights she was very upset over the mere idea of not getting to the toilet in time.
(very considerate of her)

Both nights, after she had run her course, she looked up at me with her vomit covered face and said "Thank you Mommy, I feel much better"
(she's thanking me?? If/when I throw up - I'm curled up in the fetal position on the bathroom floor stabbing people with toenails clippers if they come near)

After everything was said and done, I cleaned her up and put her back into bed, where she curled back up and said "I love you Mommy" and drifted back to sleep.

We think we've established what had her throwing up two nights in a row - the only thing that she had both days. Simple process of elimination. Unless of course she throws up again tonight - then I'm stumped.

So, here's to you baby. You are beautiful and kind - even when your throwing up.

3 comments:

C-Rah said...

Poor thing. I hope she feels better.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Poor kid - hope she feels better soon! And, I swear, you must be related to my husband. Every three months it's rotate the furniture time. I was scanning through some photos from our early years in the house and in each one, the deacon's bench is in a different room. I have a desk that has been in each room, too. Including the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

First of all-- A is in a 3 way tie for 1st for all time cutest people on the planet--

Heart JojOcircus