Since we're on the subject of me being an awesome mom...

Every night after bath, I tuck the little one in - and she decides if she wants a book read or if she just wants to talk. Did you read that internet? I read to my daughter! I talk to my daughter! I may not feed her dinner - but I communicate with her! That should satisfy all you "talk to the children like they are real people" people.

So, anyway. Last night she decides that she does not want a book OR to talk. She would like me to make UP a story for her. Entertain me mother! And since I am a mother who COOKS DINNER now, I see no reason why I can't make up some interesting bedtime stories.

Not but 10 minutes before I walked into her room, I had been thinking of my 3 hour trek to Costco that I have planned for this Saturday to research meats and produce (don't judge), so my story begins with Talking Vegetables.

It was actually quite a captivating story...and the more I talked....the more interested she got. We had talking Asparagus, Tomato, Carrots and little baby radishes! These vegetables had adventures! These vegetables could talk! These vegetables were funny! And in this particular gruesome scene, they fought off the big bad Pork Roast - with a squad of Army Peas!

So, here's the problem. The more I talked....The more captivated I became. I actually started thinking what a fucking BRILLIANT idea I had had. I have never ONCE even considered writing a book - which is saying a lot considering I'm a blogger - but a Children's Book! About Talking Vegetables! It's Brilliant!

Kiss Kiss - Hug Hug. She's off to bed.

I'm downstairs doing dishes or some such, and planning out my 10 part Children's book - each book having the story line focus on one of the Major Vegetable Characters. I'll need a illustrator...Oh, I'll call my brother-in-law-law! But there's this small voice in the back of my mind that keeps knocking....

"something isn't right. something just isn't right"

Yea. It's called Veggie Tales you idiot.

3 comments:

DKC said...

But isn't Veggie Tales all moral and religious or something?

I'm sure your vegetables are waaaaay more interesting!

Big Kahuna said...

Oh Yeah .... yours would be so much more intersting ...

LOL

Sandy said...

I agree with the other comments - your vegetables would not be at all like Veggie Tales - give them wardrobes!