Over the 4th of July weekend we drove to North Carolina to see some family. They had just moved into a new house - and still in the process of having boxes in both old and new - but had manged to get all the furniture into the new house so we had someplace to put our lazy butts for the three days we were there.

We eventually ventured outside to check out the yard, and all the plants that she inherited, when my husband and I looked down and both saw the same thing.













"Oh No" we both said

"What? What is it?"

For the next 20 minutes my husband and I gave a full detailed description of the Cicada Wasp. Where they live, how they burrow. What they eat. Wingspan. Color. Shape. Size. Migratory Patterns. Sexual Preferences. Favorite Color and TV Show. And of course the most important bit of information, is that they are truly minions of the devil himself. We've been battling these monsters of evil for the last two years, we are experts.

"Well...okay. What did you do about it? How do we get rid of them?"

"Oh. Well. You could use a really big broom"

"We just stay inside for the entire month of August and use Vitamin D supplements. That's really your best bet."

4 comments:

mumma boo said...

Some bugs you just don't mess with if you know what's good for you. Yikes!

Aunt Becky said...

*shudder, shudder, shudder*

justmakingourway said...

Oh, ACK! I'm not too bad with bugs as a general rule, except when there are lots of ants. And apparently those things.

I just gave myself the heebie jeebies!

Meg said...

Ugh. I just had a huge shiver run down my back. That just creeps me the heck out. You can keep your dang wasps and their burrows too. Ugh.