9/25/2007

Come To My Party Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

It's a party ya'll - and currently only for one. It's my own private personal pity party.

What I thought started out as allergies - simply because everyone in the world was also having the same problems and complaints, including my husband and child - has turned out to be a full fledged, kick my ass, my head is twelve times too big, can't breathe, cold.

Today is a regularly scheduled day off of work, so while I would usually be busting out the paint cans, joint compound and laser levels, I'm using this day to 'veg'. I still had to get up and take the monster to school this morning, however came straight home and crawled back into bed. I'm surrounded by my only friends at this time - a box of Mucinex DM, Tylenol Sinus, a gallon of water, inhaler, puffs plus, cell phone and, of course, Charlie.









I hate being sick. I can't function. I hate not being able to do the things that I normally do easily - or enjoying the things that I normally find joy in. Things irritate me faster. The sun is too bright - and everything is too loud.

(like I said - Welcome to my pity party)

However, it's times like these, where I am feeling extremely sorry for myself, that I remind myself of a trip my Grandmother took, many years ago, from Seattle to Japan, with two infant children. The 'boat' (and I use that term very loosely) had a strong resemblance to something about the same size as a tug boat. She was violently ill the entire time - had to take care of TWO infants on this trip, and the trip took about 2 MONTHS!

So....there could be worse things.

It doesn't mean that I don't still feel like road kill, but I do know that I could be worse.

I'm glad I have him around to pick up the slack with the kid, and I need to learn to start taking care of myself at the ON SET of getting sick, instead of the other way around.

And I'll end by saying this, this is the first time I've actually turned the tv on for day time programming in a LONG time...And I've just experienced 'The View' for the first time.

I don't like it. There are five women now - and not one can get a word in edge wise. And I feel kind of bad for Elizabeth. She's obviously the ONLY conservative in the group - and just gets pounded...by her 'cast mates'. I know we've all heard/read about all the crap about Rosie and Elizabeth - and I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as it used to be - but it's impossible to find any sense in the non-stop talking of five opinionated women.

It's time for next fix of Tylenol Sinus.

0 comments: