9/04/2007

You Are What You Eat? Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

This was too damn funny not to say anything.

Apparently in preparation for the 2008 Summer Beijing Olympics, The Beijing Tourism Bureau has released a list of 2,700 names of food that they would like to replace some the CURRENT "english" translations on local menus and signs.

For example: If you want some 'steamed carp'....You would actually order up yourself a big pile of "Steamed Crap".

Or an order of Kung Pao Chicken is going to get you: "The Temple Explodes the Chicken Cube".

Virgin Chicken....actually just simply young chicken. Burnt Lions Head.....Chinese Style Pork Meatballs.

I don't know about you - but I prefer my Lions Head medium rare, and would really rather my chickens not be sluts.

The Temple Explodes the Chicken Cube????

I think I'm going to send that one to Hayley to see what she comes up with.

0 comments: