4/14/2008

Everyday Weekend Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

Ever have a weekend where nothing out of the norm happens? Yea, I have almost nothing interesting to write about...and let me assure you I was looking for something to write about. I'm always keeping my eyes and ears open for the strange things that happen around me so I can judge people later and share it with all of you.....However, this was a totally normal, completely non-interesting weekend.

Saturday we were up early for her gymnastics class - which she loves, and apparently is kind of a natural (or so says the gym teacher). I do enjoy the gymnastics class quite a bit actually...mostly because I don't have to be involved. I get to sit in the parental aquarium and watch behind a wall of glass. I'm always prepared to give myself an hour of quiet...I'll bring a book or the paper....but 9 times of out of 10 I won't even pull it out. I'll end up chatting with another parent about how much our kids suck....Or watching the class in awe and confusion wondering "Who IS this child that does everything the teacher tells her to do without throwing a tantrum!?"

Rush home and back out again for yet another birthday party. However, these people didn't make us go to Chuck-E-Cheese. THESE people are cool enough to have a birthday party for 4 year olds AND supply booze for the parents. (mental note to hang out with them again)

Side note: I can only assume that the majority of the population was having some serious hot monkey sex the entire summer of 2004...Because I have 4 year old birthday parties packing every Saturday from now until September.

Sunday morning I was hoping that the morning would be a great time to hit the gym because most normal people would be at church. Alas, no. Heathens we all are. Regardless, I got a good hour workout in. Grocery store, cleaned the house, did laundry, re-arranged her room (again), paid the bills, and managed to watch a whole movie.

See? Nothing interesting.

I did have an uncomfortable conversation with someone at the gym though.

Apparently I talk loud. Yea, I know - not exactly a news flash. But last Tuesday during my workout I mentioned to my trainer that I couldn't stay any longer than the hour and forty five I was already there, because I had a laser appointment. Not something I've mentioned to any of ya'll as of yet, because I really don't know how to explain it without sounding raunchy.

Anyway, apparently an older guy overheard last week - and was on the stationary bike right next to mine.

He asked how my eye sight was.....

"Um...fine thanks"
"You've recovered well? It didn't hurt at all"
"I'm sorry. Do I know you? Did what hurt at all?"
"Oh, I'm sorry. I overheard that were having laser done. Just wondering if it hurt at all."

This is where is realize that he thinks I got LAZIK eye surgery - Not laser hair removal for my hoo-ha and underarms.

"OH!" I say. "Um, I didn't get laser for my eyes - It's....um...laser hair removal...."

Silence.

"Well, good luck with that" and then he leaves rather quickly.

I think he was a hell of a lot more embarrassed than I was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is way too funny! You didn't talk loudly - he just has extra-sensitive hearing. He might want to get that checked. I think I would have been stupefied - caught between "I can't believe you eavesdropped" and "do you really care or are you just making conversation?"

Backpacking Dad said...

He needs laser ear removal.

Anonymous said...

Ha!

Hey, K, I just tagged you for a meme. (Blame BPD - he started it.) :p

http://mummabootimes2.wordpress.com/2008/04/15/5-classes/