4/17/2008

I Hate Yogurt Stumble Upon Digg It! Add to Delicious Add to Technorati

|

I lived in a great neighborhood when I was a kid. Almost every other house had a kid that was about the same age as me, so when you inevitably broke up with your BFF, there was another one around the corner. I, however, was fortunate enough to have one best friend for the better part of all my childhood years. We still talk at least once a year despite living on opposite sides of the country and I believe we will always hold a special place in each others hearts.

After all, his was the very first pee-pee I saw. A memory like that stays with you forever. Especially when your five years old and your mother catches you "if you show me yours I'll show you mine!"

Anyway, it was a great neighborhood - a neighborhood that barely exists these days. Not that the houses and trees are gone...but that the idea of the neighborhood is slowly dying these days. There was not a day that I didn't play outside as FAR away from the parental eye as possible - and that was the norm. 'Be back before it gets dark' was the common response to "I'm playing outside".

On one of those occasions, my friend Greg and I decided to play at his house - since both of his folks worked and we had the place to ourselves. Growing bored of the latest episode of The Great Space Coaster and whatever current trouble we were causing, Greg had the most brilliant idea EVER.

His mom had gone to whatever at the time was the equivalent of Price Club, and had come back with about 400 cases of yogurt. Let's see how much yogurt we can eat - whoever eats the most wins.

And by winning I mean - who throws up first, loses.

I have no idea how many empty cartons of yogurt lay littered all over the coffee table, but I know it was a lot. I also know that I lost - by a fraction of a second. True friendship shows itself in those that can vomit together.

Still to this day, I have no idea why we thought it was a good idea. But the next day we laughed our fool heads off at how freakin' brilliant we were. Next on the list was snorting Pixie Sticks.

But that's another story.

Anyway, so most of you know that I've started working out. I'm working on two full weeks now, and while although I am NOT on a diet, I am watching what I eat and trying to make better decisions.

I settled down yesterday to have a whole wheat turkey sandwich and Yoplait Go Crunch Yogurt.

Apparently, 20 years later, I still can't eat yogurt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you fessed up to seeing Greg's pee pee. And all this time ... I thought "Robin Did It"


Pops

Anonymous said...

Yogurt is way over-rated. Unless it's the frozen kind with lots of chocolate bits in it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can't eat yogurt either. But I don't have a story like that to explain why. :)
I love your DC can in your sidebar. Makes me smile. :) ANd makes me jealous because I want one too. ;)