My husband, God love him, leaves our house every morning at 5:15 for work. He then drives to a bus, that takes him to a train, that takes him downtown and then walks the rest of the way to the office. A lot of people do it in this area (I know this because of the "I didn't get a seat on the train this morning" or the "You wouldn't believe how bad this guy smelled on the bus"), I, however could never be one of those people. The idea in itself seems like a job - but to do all that - and then still have to go to work?? Blech.

Anyway, one of the major staples for a commute this this is an iPod, or music player of choice. He's had his for quite some time now - probably since they first came out with them. They've been upgraded and snazzed up as with most electrical devices are - and he's being chomping at the bit for a new one for some time now.

How convenient that I started working out - and currently the only thing to watch and/or motivate me at the Gym is CNN or Golf. Both respectable programming, sure - but not exactly what I need to get pumped and go the extra mile.

Enter Ebay!

I got him a great deal on the new iPod touch and when it arrived I received his old one. Not exactly the color choice I would have picked - but hey, I strap it to a sweaty arm every day.

There is one inherit problem with me having music blaring in my ears in public. I have to try VERY HARD not to sing.........or dance.

I've twice now lost my footing on the elliptical because the Bee Gee's came on.

So, this morning before going to the gym, I added some songs to my new blue iPod.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to not start running in place and empty my water bottle over my head when Maniac from Flashdance comes on??

4 comments:

Sandy said...

You might want to check out workouts you can download to your ipod. Google digital workouts or something like that. Or check out www.fitnesssongs.com. I could also send you some of Scott's mixes which are pretty good for working out or walking.

Anonymous said...

Hey, if the water bottle splash keeps you motivated, I say do it! Way back when, before iPods, I had a mixed-tape that was my "get psyched" music. I listened to it every night before a performance. (I was a theater geek.) As I was getting into make-up one night before appearing in a very serious drama, the rest of the cast was treated to my very off-key rendition of the theme song to "The Muppet Show", along with "Highway to the Danger Zone" from "Top Gun". Come to think of it, that was the last show I did. Coincidence? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has that problem! :) I had to switch to listening to podcasts because my iPod is how I get through my day at work and it's NOT a singing-friendly environment! :)

BretCB said...

Me, it's singing in the car. Only, I can't hit the right note to save my life, and know it. It's so difficult, on occasions when I have passengers, not to join in with those choruses I'm so familiar with horrifically mangling.